Sunday, August 03, 2008

This & That...again


I'll probably get lots of disagreement on this point from some good Republicans, but I will sorely miss Ken Griffey, Jr. Trading him was probably the right call, but that doesn't mean he won't be missed. Junior was a special talent--one of the best of all time. That sweet swing and ability to change a ballgame with one swat was a thing to behold. His critics will never forgive him for a series of serious and debilitating injuries that were really not his fault. How many surgeries can a grown man go through only to return to playing a kid's sport every single day? I respect and admire Ken Griffey, Jr. for being "clean" and for caring about his family and for wowing us with his ability. Good luck to him.

And...

The Republican Party non-judicial screening committee will meet on Wednesday, August 6 to screen candidates for the 28th House District seat now officially vacated by Jim Raussen. We have several good candidates. We need to find a credible candidate that can WIN this race. The Governor's trickery in using the taxpayers' money to buy the house majority needs to be rebuffed and we will do all we can do to be sure that happens.

And...

Stay tuned to this space for information about the ribbon-cutting grand opening of our local McCain/Victory Headquarters on 7th St. The headquarters is open for business and has been for some time with McCain staff doing the heavy lifting of phone banks and voter identification on a daily basis. There has been some foot traffic, too. But, an official hullabaloo grand opening is planned.

And...

Have you loved the more hard-hitting and aggressive tone of the McCain campaign lately? I have. The Democrats have been on the attack against Bush and the Republicans for so long that it makes me sick. I love to see the push-back on these liberals.

And...

I have seen some very good behind-the-scenes leadership by our Republicans in helping the Democrats' budget mess at the County level. I urged that we cooperate and I'm pleased to see that so many are kicking-in to help solve this problem.

And...

Did you see where Commissioner Todd Portune is hosting a fundraiser with Jerry Springer as a special guest? Personally, I think Jerry Springer is a relatively funny and engaging guy (albeit a pretty big D). But, it is hard to separate the man and the show. I'll resist taking a serious swipe at Portune as I think it is more funny than bad.

And...

I miss Tim Russert this morning. Tom Brokaw is just not Tim Russert. The show is lame. Tim Russert was special. I'm becoming a fan of George Stephanapolous. He has done a great job of becoming a journalist and has clearly left behind his partisan leanings--or at least I think so. I may be biased because, well, you know....

And...

Have a good weekend. Get involved soon to make a difference!