Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tonight, etc.

Tonight, former Chairman George Vincent and his wife Kim will host a Party fundraiser in their home at 8150 Varner Road, Cincinnati, Ohio from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. For more information and to RSVP, call Margaret Nafziger at 513.381.5454 or email her at maggien@hc-gop.org. With any luck, we'll raise "one-hundred billion dollars..."

And...

In a related story, I sent out a blast-email to our mass e-mail list inviting people to attend this event. In my first e-mail, I erroneously listed the Vincent's address as on "Varland" Road. Realizing my mistake, I wrote an email correcting myself and taking a light-hearted swipe at our friends the Democrats by calling my mistake a "Democratic moment." The Enquirer's political blog posted by email like it were news. It was a joke...designed to rally supporters of the R Party to make a contribution. Geez.

And...

Consider the Cincinnati BrewHaHa for your weekend entertainment. The BrewHaha is a very fun, unique downtown event that brings together 50 different comedians with 70 different beers. The event happens on Sawyer Point on Friday and Saturday night. There are 3 stages with a different comedy routine on each stage all night long. The comedians change about every 20-30 minutes (or therabouts). They sell 70 different kinds of electic beers from around the world. The only cost is for the beer you buy. The concept is great. I attended last year and had a great time. Most importantly, I will be working the BrewHaHa from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Saturday night. Wear your favorite Republican campaign T-shirt, drink some beer, and watch some great comedy!

And...

I'll be attending the Republican Convention in Minneapolis during Labor Day week. I'll be blogging from there, so keep reading.

And...

Since opening up this blog for anonymous comments, I've gotten some great ones. Some I've had to "reject." I'll post the comment if it's critical of Republicans or even of me. I will not post the ones that take on my Greek heritage, bring my Mother into it, or take swipes at Patrick Maloney for his Irish heritage. Some things just cross the line.

And...

The reason I blog at 5:00 a.m. is because I could never justify writing this nonsense during the work-day.

And...

Thanks for reading if you made it this far.