Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ignoring the Blog, etc.


I've ignored the blog some, lately. We've had a crazy February. I've actually heard some minor complaints from my two loyal readers. I'll try to do better.

And...

Why the picture of the airplane? I'm blogging from 35,000 feet somewhere over middle-America. In-flight Internet service may be the best technological advance, yet. I always marvel at what mankind can do when we let businesses innovate and create. Corporations, CEOs, businesses are not the enemy. They move us forward.

And...

We had a tremendous Lincoln-Reagan Dinner. Our "paid in the park" number was over 600 attendees. A near record. Michele Bachmann was an outstanding speaker. More on her later. We are blessed to have a very committed and highly competent staff at GOP HQ. Debbie Flammer and Maggie Wuellner are top-notch. I don't get the credit--I inherited both. But they are outstanding servants to the party and their experience, demeanor, and dedication should be appreciated by all. We had one helluva party--and they get LOTs of credit.

And...

The Lincoln-Reagan Dinner is always hosted and supported by the Hamilton County Republican Club. The "Big Club" as we fondly call it. Special thanks to Cheryl Vest, Bill Brown, and the other dedicated volunteers who made it a success.

And...

Having been involved in local politics for well over a decade, I have had occasion to come up-close with many politicians. As an activist, volunteer and now as chairman, I get to see the candidates when they are not "on." I've seen some good, some bad, and some ugly. I've had a chance to spend some quality quiet time with some rather remarkable public figures. I have several favorites. President Bush, although I had only limited contact, was always "real." He would jab at you, maybe crab a little bit, but he was "real." And I always was impressed by his charisma. I admit--I liked him. My other two favorite people? The Bush twins. We spent quality time with them in 2004 and they were both so much fun. They were nice and very classy. Well, now I have two new favorite public people: Michele and Marcus Bachmann. I had a chance to really spend time with them over the last 24 hours and they were as nice and "real" and genuine as two people can be. I saw them up-close and I will be a fan for life. Sure, Rep. Bachmann is a tough conservative. She fights for what is right. But she is also a "lady" (yes, Sen. Specter). I enjoyed them both very much and it was a pleasure to have them here.

And...

Want to know which public figures in the GOP I did not like up-close? Sorry. My two loyal readers know that I won't bash Republicans here. Even some who might deserve it. That's for others to do. But, there was this one time when....

And...

Are there any primaries on our side this year?

And...

I caught only a small part of the President's health care round table. We can't deny the President's political skills. The problem with the President and his liberal friends (like Nancy Pelosi) are the fundamental way they see government. It is an entirely different vision and one that simply can not work.

And...

We continue to embrace those energized by the Tea Party. Our challenge is to field candidates who can earn their support. We'll keep trying locally.

And...

I wish I were going to Goodyear, AZ. I'm not. But I wish.

And...

If I hear one more person say, "I don't Twitter," I think I'm going to scream. My question is, "why not?" Twitter is the best source of regular news available. If setup properly, it will become the first website you visit every day. It is the best place for breaking news and provides a set of links to the latest and best stories available. Twitter is fantastic. I'm on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/chairmanalex.

And...

Still not sure if there are any primaries on the GOP side.

And...

An off-duty policeman was shot last night in North College Hill. Early reports indicate that the shots were not fatal and he is expected to recover. We should all be grateful. Police Officers are special people doing important work. Keep this officer in your thoughts.

And...

There is also breaking news of a devastating earthquake and the possibility of a tsunami. Another group of people to keep in our prayers.

And...

Our Judicial Salute fundraiser is set for April 22, 2010. Save the date.

And...

Turbulence.

And...

Have a great weekend.