Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Morning

We've neglected the blog just a little bit as we had a very busy week last week preparing for "the Linc." Thanks to all who attended and participated. We highlighted the future of the Party at the dinner and we feel that it went well. Special thanks to Chairman Kevin DeWine for his participation and his leadership. If you have suggestions on how to improve the dinner, we're always willing to listen. E-mail thoughts to dflammer@hc-gop.org.

And...

This is a another busy week for us at HQ. Today, we will meet with prospective candidates for the CPS Board of Education. It seems many qualified people have stepped forward and shown an interest in running for these positions and that is very uplifting to the Party. The School Board is an unpaid position. Education is a critical component to a great community and we need some new perspective on that Board. I'll be excited to announce our slate in this blog soon.

And...

John Kasich will visit Hamilton County on Thursday for a series of private meetings and then to attend the COAST Fundraiser at the Montgomery Inn. I will be visiting with Mr. Kasich and I look forward to a dialogue with him about the future of our great state. I am an early supporter of his "Recharge Ohio" initiative.

And...

In the last few weeks, the number of people who have come to me and said, "I want to help the GOP" has noticeably increased. The Democrats have unified us in a way that we could not have unified ourselves. America is watching the Democrats do what they always do: spend your money. If they keep it up, the American people are sure to reject it.

And...

I am pained to know that my Congressman, Mr. Driehaus, voted for the nearly $1 trillion so-called "stimulus" package. That vote, coupled with his vote to make Nancy Pelosi Speaker of the House (sorry, Sally) disqualify him from being a true representative of western Hamilton County. Mr. Driehaus is a good guy, but he's been in Washington too long. I'll count the days until I can cast my vote for Steve Chabot.

And...

The county's budget woes continue and are getting worse. Can the Democrats who run this county budget lead us?

And...

I have heard many Democrats say, "what's the difference between stimulus and spending?" Even President Obama said words like that. Like so many liberals, they all say it in a condescending way that just irks me sometimes. Let me answer the question: there is a HUGE difference. There are targeted ways to stimulate business development that have nothing to do with spending money. Tax cuts DO spur economic development. Tax cuts are not "tired old methods of the past"...they are tried and true and they work to spur job development and have done so for half-a-century. A "stimulus" package that had even one iota of Republican input would have shown the Democrats that stimulus can mean more than spending. But, the Democrats go right back at it: spend, spend, spend.

And...

Have you noticed how Democrats use the word "invest" instead of "spend." I have. They want to "invest" in all sorts of things that you would never "invest" in. Now, I'll concede that some government spending can rightly and safely be called "investment." Education might be that. Roads and bridges might be that, too. But, "invest" is used interchangeably with "spend" when the Spend-o-crats want to muddy the waters and waste your money on silly pet projects including funding for groups like ACORN.

And...

Thursday is shaping up to be a busy day for us at HQ. In addition to having Mr. Kasich in town, we are having a meeting of our non-judicial nominating committee where I anticipate we will unveil some new city council candidates. The future is now.

And...

Let me know if you have 2 extra tickets for Opening Day. I haven't missed one in 20 years.

And...

I'll miss T.J. He was one of the Bengals with a noticeable passion to win.

And...

Have a great day!