Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday

Did you see how quickly Speaker Pelosi would jump out of her seat last night to applaud her President? I thought it was funny. She has great energy for spending your money.

And...

President Obama does deliver a nice speech, but that "shtick" has worn off for me. His remarks last night were good enough. But, I continue to find much of what he does to be "non-presidential." For instance, his remark, "don't mess with Joe," is something fit for the campaign trail but not for a formal address to the Congress. The way the man shakes hands is fit for the basketball court, not for the presidency. And, don't get me started about his dress-down in the Oval Office. I'll learn to suffer these small annoyances, I guess.

And...

I saw Governor Jindal's response to President Obama.

And...

Mayor Mallory will deliver his "State of the City" address tonight. I'll be there. I'll also be attending Chris Monzel's response to be held immediately following it. The media's decision on coverage of our response will be telling about how serious they take fairness.

And...

I have been watching the media coverage (at least the limited coverage allowed by the Judge) in the murder trial in northern Kentucky. Having been in those situations, I am having a hard time holding my tongue. So, I will say two things: the public has every right to know what is happening in that courtroom with every means available to the media to report it AND I'm not seeing self-defense as a viable defense. But, this is why we have juries.

And...

Our Committee 2010 is set to start its work in early March. This committee will be tasked with helping us recruit, train, and promote candidates from our outlying townships, cities, and villages. Our first meeting will be out of downtown and somewhere in the suburbs. If you have not volunteered for this committee, consider doing so by e-mailing Maggie at maggien@hc-gop.org.

And...

It seems the Democrats have a primary brewing between Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner and Lt. Governor Lee Fisher. I also see that Cincinnati's own (and a westsider) Commissioner Todd Portune may jump into the race. From where I sit, the voters of Ohio should have every opportunity to make this decision and they should have a full-blown campaign to decide which of these candidates ought to be the Democratic nominee. To deprive the voters of this choice would be un-American and un-democratic. Fight to the finish--I say.

And...

Have a great Wednesday.