Friday, December 12, 2008

My Friday Rant...


The level of activity has picked up a little bit on this blog. It is kinda fun! I try to maintain some good humor and never make it personal. I appreciate the Democrats (Nathan Wissman, Greg Harris, etc.) that do the same. I'll keep posting your comments and hope that eventually you will see the light! Unfortunately, the same is not true for everyone who posts. I have been called names, told to "shove it up my a**", and lots of other not-so-nice things. The anonymity of the Internet has made people angry, but mostly cowardly. I will post comments that challenge our ideas, but I'm not going to post comments that hurt our candidates. This is, after all, a Republican blog designed to help Republicans. Thanks to those that participate respectfully.

And...

There is a certain gloom in the mood of the country. I feel it everywhere I go. It feels like the period just after 9/11. The seriously slumping economy and the many job losses have really depressed America. Let's hope it turns around soon.

And...

Speaking of gloom and doom....1-11-1.

And...

I've become addicted to Facebook. If you haven't tried it, do it today. I started out wanting to use it as a youth outreach/networking effort for the GOP, but it has now turned into a hobby. It can be a little voyeuristic and dorky, but overall it is fun.

And...

We have a few people interested in running for Mayor of Cincinnati. We're open to input on this point and urge you to e-mail Maggie directly about ideas: maggien@hc-gop.org.

And...

I have spent the month after the election meeting and talking with a wide array of people who have good ideas about the GOP and its future. That dialogue will continue.

And...

Our Lincoln/Reagan dinner is scheduled for February 13, 2009. For more information or to attend, contact HQ at 513-381-5454 or e-mail Debbie Flammer at dflammer@hc-gop.org.

And...

I am particularly excited about or city council slate of candidates this year. We have two great incumbents, Leslie Ghiz and Chris Monzel. They will be joined by several other great Republican candidates.

And...

I will recommend a great book: "Words That Work: It's Not What You Say, It's What People Hear" by Frank Luntz.

And...

I have to comment on Sheriff Rick Jones' and his intention to possibly refuse following court orders in Butler County. Read the story here. Sheriff Leis is spot-on. It is not the Sheriff's responsibility to determine the validity of the order or to evaluate its effect. That is the job of the Judge issuing the order. There are legal remedies that do not involve the Sheriff's failure to follow a properly issued court order. I hope Sheriff Jones changes his mind and avoids a legal conflict that should not exist when the law is so clear.

And...

Bearcats in an upset over that little progr'm on Victory Parkway tomorrow night, 74-71.

And...

Have a great weekend.