Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake & Politics

I sat down to do my blog entry this morning about something in politics...and everything started shaking. I'm not sure about you, but I felt the earthquake that hit our region in a big way this morning. The bed shook and I heard glasses rattling. It is the first one of these I've ever actually felt.

We just concluded an interesting week at Republican HQ. The bulk of our time was spent working to make our Judicial Salute fundraiser a success. It's fair to say the event was a booming success far surpassing previous events in both attendance and funds raised. We were quite pleased with the turnout and specifically appreciated the appearance of Justices Stratton, O'Connor, and Cupp from the Ohio Supreme Court. Our Executive Director, Margaret Nafziger deserves tremendous credit for her work on this event. The Hamilton County Republican Party has a history of supporting and promoting outstanding Judges. The funds we raise in an event like this one allow us to continue that tradition.


The next few weeks promise to be interesting as we start to put together the first real pieces of the McCain campaign. I expect things will be getting quite busy.

Contact Pat Maloney at pmaloney@hc-gop.org or 513-381-5454 to get involved in a coalition group to support Senator McCain.