Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mason, McCain, NAACP, Beer, etc.

The race for President is all tied up! The latest Rasmussen Poll shows the race a statistical dead-heat. This is amazing. Given the ridiculously unfair and biased media coverage that Obama enjoys and the general mood of the country, John McCain is over performing. The American people are realizing that John McCain is the most qualified man to run for President in a generation. I'm confident in our position!

And...

The Dave Mason Band performed at the Festival at Sycamore Township last night. They will also perform at a benefit concert organized by County Prosecutor Joe Deters tonight. I was lucky enough to meet Dave Mason and his band. They are a great group of guys. Dave Mason is a hall-of-fame rock and roller and a legend in the rock community.

And...

The NAACP Convention starts tonight at the Duke Energy Center. I am a Blue Chip Host for the event and I'm pleased and honored to be welcoming this historic civil rights organization to our city. I will attend a cocktail reception this evening to kick-off the week's events. I have been criticized in some quarters for my involvement because so many people view this organization as liberal and committed to helping Sen. Obama. To that, I say this: I am not naive. The NAACP strives to be non-partisan and their visit here has been handled in a highly non-partisan way. They have gone to great lengths to include Republicans everywhere and they have done it in a highly professional and courteous way. As Party Chairman, I believe that our party needs to reach out to every segment of the American population. I am looking forward to this week and to attending several of the NAACP events. My favorite? The McCain speech on Wednesday!

And...

I was interviewed by WCPO yesterday about Tony Snow. What a loss. See the story here.

And...

I worked the beer booth at the Festival at Sycamore Township last night. Executive Director Margaret Nafziger and I peddled beer for about 2 hours to the fine citizens of the Township. Former Chairman Vincent and Prosecutor Deters were in attendance. It was a great time.

And...

We are planning a show of support for Sen. McCain's speech to the NAACP. The speech will be carried live on the TV board on Fountain Square on Wednesday. I will more fully blog on this tomorrow, but keep open some time at lunch on Wednesday and come to the square.