Sunday, July 06, 2008

Back from the Beach

I'm happy to be back to this GREAT city.

and...

I'm energized and ready to take on the tough task of winning elections this year. I was a bit sour earlier in the week. I called Sen. Obama an "empty suit." I'm going to avoid such attacks for awhile as "my friends on the other side" (I sound like McCain on purpose) have called me out on it. (click the the link...go ahead). However, some sand, sun, and a few too many Corona's have left me energized and less "mean."

and...

We have a very busy week ahead. We are opening our store front Victory space in a week or so. Look at this space for details soon. This Victory center will be the Hamilton County nerve center for the McCain effort. We are excited to open the space.

and...

Our fundraiser of 8/21/08 is coming together, as well. Save the date!

and...

Sen. Obama is clearly running away from his "pull out now" stance on Iraq. The truth is, a rapid and disorderly withdrawal will do much more harm than good. A rapid withdrawal is irresponsible and, regardless of your view on this war, most agree that we need to stay long enough to not leave utter chaos. Obama is creating wiggle room. You know what? I'm not going to attack him for that. In fact, I'm pleased to see him move in this direction. First, it shows that he "gets it" and that the popular ultra-liberal "get out now" crowd simply misses the point. Second, it shows he's a "regular" politician like all the rest and he'll equivocate when necessary. McCain is better prepared to lead. We've got 5 months to prove it.

and...

The NAACP Convention is coming to Cincinnati. I've blogged about this before. I'm on the Blue Ribbon Host Committee and I'm very pleased to be included. Beyond just the honor of having that organization here, it will also boost our downtown economy and draw national attention to this city. I'll have more information about Sen. McCain's speech. Check out this website for more information: http://www.naacp.org/

and...

Thanks to all my friends who e-mailed and texted me for my 4th of July birthday. For those that didn't, you can make it up to me by clicking here and taking action.