Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday...

I was honored to be asked to serve on the statewide committee that will screen and recommend a Republican candidate for Attorney General. I have already received input via e-mail and on this blog. I've also received input personally. I appreciate the input very much. Please remember one thing: we have to win the office.

And...

Anna Quindlen is a longtime columnist and political commentator that I enjoy reading. She writes for Newsweek. She is a left-wing liberal. I like reading what those people think. You may not agree. She wrote a column last week about the value of the Supreme Court and what it means to have the right president to name those justices. Although she's a radical liberal, her observations about this are intelligent and worth reading because they apply to whichever idealogy you subscribe to. Read her column here.

And...

Taste of Cincinnati is one of our region's great outdoor events. The move to 5th Street has vastly improved the experience because the center of downtown is thriving and it gives people a chance to see all that is happening downtown. The food isn't bad, either. I strongly recommend a trip down there over this gorgeous holiday weekend.

And...

John McCain will win Ohio. A bold prediction, I know. My dream scenario is that Obama is down by more than 10 points in statewide polling and he pulls out of Ohio in mid-October. That is not an impossible scenario. Ohio is a tough state for the ultra-liberal Obama. His values do not sell in this state.

Have a good Sunday...