Friday, June 06, 2008

Dave Yost

As many of you know, I am on the panel the Ohio Republican Party has organized to review potential candidates for Ohio Attorney General. The panel meets in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting one of the candidates, Dave Yost. Mr. Yost is the Prosecutor in Delaware County, Ohio. To read more about Mr. Yost and his background, click here.

Of course, it would be imprudent for me to endorse or support any candidate because I am part of a committee that should keep an open mind and listen to all the candidates. I fully intend to keep an open mind and I have committed to no candidate.

However, I appreciated Mr. Yost reaching out and visiting Hamilton County. He is a gentleman and he made an excellent impression among those that he met. He was our guest at an event for Judge Mock. He is the only candidate being rumored to want this job that has contacted us. I appreciated it.

I have received tremendous feedback from people within our party about who should (or who shouldn't) be the AG candidate. I very much appreciate that input because I am here to serve the party. Please feel free to keep that coming.

Have a great weekend.